The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Tear Stained Letter: R.I.P. Lois


We had to put our cat to sleep. She was my friend and family member for 17 years. She was with me through ups and downs and lived every bit of her 9 lives. I brought her home at 2 weeks old and she stayed very much that kitten throughout her life. I met her when I was in college-- at the pet store I went to give her back to the store clerk and she wouldn't let got of my shirt. "I guess I'll take her," I said.

Anyone that knows us knows how much we loved Lois. She was our joy and we pampered her like you wouldn't believe. A reader of this blog probably saw plenty of pictures of our kitty.

We treated her for kidney disease for well over a year and it was a very difficult year. Despite knowing the end was near, we still couldn't believe it when the moment came.

3 Comments:

Blogger Terry (aka) Big Daddy said...

Sorry for your loss my friend.

It is never easy to let go or say goodbye. For that long of a time to share life and love with an animal that becomes family for all of those years. I've been through it many a time (dogs and cats) and said never again.

But then, one comes along that tugs at your heart and says take me home...

Again, I feel your pain and sorrow my friend, sorry about your loss.

B.D.

4:21 PM  
Blogger jaz@octoberfarm said...

awwwwww..so sorry about lois but she lived a very loved life! i had to put my 21 year old cat to sleep about 5 months ago so i know how you feel. since you are such a good kitty parent i hope you get another!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Mike. A. Linares said...

Sorry About your cat Matt. I know how it feel to lose a pet (Family member). Well as long as you remember the good times you had with her then shes never really gone and you gave her the best life another cat could only dream about so you should be proud!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.