The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Monday Morning: babyback ribs, you sure look fine


So, what does a bbq chef, a restaurant pitmaster do on his day off? I cook babyback ribs, that's what I do. It was just a beautiful clear day, not too warm and with a breeze. I sat in the window with a cold drink, up on the third floor, with a slight breeze touched with smoke.

I made a quick rub and threw these two racks on the bubba keg with a mixture of cowboy lump (not my favorite), hickory and cherry that I split and sawed down into 6" long sticks or so, about 1-2" thick. They took about 4 hours exactly.




5 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

Do you grill/BBQ events too? Do you know of anyone who does? We are looking for a BBQ/grill chef to help with our not-married-yet-NY-only-party (it's like our NYC reception but we haven't gotten married yet--the party is a week before the actual wedding). We need help! We are willing to pay but everything is very expensive (like, $2,000)! So, again if you or you know someone, we are willing to pay and we want something simple: burgers, sausages, BBQ chicken, vegetable kebobs; about 75 people; Brooklyn. If interested, please, please get in touch: edglazar@gmail.com. Thanks!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Terry (aka) Big Daddy said...

Dang Backyard, that looks really good. Hope you're doing good and staying busy.

I'm going to send you and Robert some of my BBQ sauce.

I'll ping White Trash to get your and his address.

B.D.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Weber Summit Grill said...

I've been craving for babyback ribs for a week now and this post made me drool! I wish I can make as good as that one this weekend! :D Wonderful pics!

2:56 AM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Thanks, Terry! I really look forward to checking out your product....

Weber Summit-- Let me know how your ribs turn out...I have a feeling they are going to be super!

6:08 AM  
Anonymous HeatBeads said...

Those ribs look SO good! Thanks for sharing and keep us updated with more.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.