The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sick to Move: Tears, tonics and tummies...

I am sick...sick....sick. I can't move, or can but refuse. The Wife put the laptop next to me this morning when she went to work, and I only just flipped it open. Everything hurts-- shooting pain down my arms and pulled muscle sting in my chest.

I hadn't felt quite right all day yesterday and then at 7pm, my body began rejecting the little bit of fuel that I had put in it during the day-- a blt, an orange juice and some coffee/water/energy drink...stuff was exiting my body anywhere it could-- all at the same time. Ultimately, even water with ice chips in it wouldn't even stay down. I was so dehydrated that my lips chapped instantly. This intense phase lasted 10 hours straight. If I managed to sleep, it was only brief spells punctuated with urgent dashes to the bathroom or for the bucket beside the bed.

I hate to be too graphic about this, but in several instances, there wasn't time to grab the bucket. Suffice to say that The Wife slept in another room. There were/are no comfortable positions-- everything is sore/achey/tender....I'm not too strong to cry...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.