The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Reporting for Duty

In the middle of job hunting and trying to determine if, after 33 years, I have any better idea of what I want to do with my life than I did at age 13 when people started asking.

Hopefully the love of bbq, food and good company will lead the way. But, in the meantime, I'll start planning a party because I just heard that my mom's recent cancer antigen (CA-125??) test shows us that she is currently cancer free!! So, now she just has to heal her broken hip and she should be home for the first time in almost a month-and-a-half. Huzzah!

Added the sylish and topical BBQ Report to the links this morning, so stop by and check out what a pickup truck with a grill built into the engine compartment looks like. Fun stuff.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the good news. As a doc, I'm probably one of very few who knows what a CA-125 test is without having to Google it. Awesome!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Thanks, Joe! The numbers actually were down to 15 the next week. Now we have to figure out the next move.

My family and I really appreciate all the nice notes we've received-- I totally believe that the more positive thoughts there are, the better she'll get. Aint I corny?

5:55 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Thanks for your support. Those who have been through anything like this know that it is a marathon and not a sprint, but we're looking forward to the finish line.

She keeps telling me that she feels everyone's positive energy, so keep it coming!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.