The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Interstellar Overdrive

Sometimes we have so much barbecue in our fridge and/or freezer that we can't even have anything else on hand-- no milk, no eggs, no nothing. As hard as it may be to believe, there are some nights when we just don't want 'barbecue'. Fortunately, there are other things that can be eaten (really?) and other ways to use up leftover bbq. Here are some recent eats that have made the most of leftover smoked yummies, and things that fall outside the bbq arena. As always, for some reason, the pictures get bigger if you click on them. Yay!

Steak, steamed broccoli, mixed salad w/ blue cheese. I cooked 4 steaks, and the last two became steak sandwiches we ate on the train to Long Island
Turkey sandwiches with home-smoked white cheddar and basil that got a quick toast in the broiler




Smoked Roast Beef sandwich with home-smoked white cheddar, steamed long island corn, green beans and pickle.


Mixed Berries 'n' biscuits


8 Comments:

Blogger splatgirl said...

Yum! Thanks for the inspiration!

5:35 PM  
Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Man - that food looks great. Even if it is leftovers. Can you come over adn convince my keds to eat leftovers?

Stay well and strong Bro.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Splatgirl-- You're welcome! We all get stuck in rut sometimes-- I wasn't sure the basil would work, but I had to use it up. I was surprised!

Thanks, WTBBQ. Let me know how your trip to Strong Island was, if you can remember :) I'm stubborn about leftovers, too. This is all new to me, so I won't be much help...

12:12 PM  
Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

I made two trips out to Strong Island. Saturday the Purple Turtle folks were there. Lot's of Brethren in various states. Lot's of stories, but not too many I'm willing to put in print.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Curt McAdams said...

My wife hates leftovers generally... but you may have inspired me to be more creative with them. I'll have to see what I can come up with... As long as I don't microwave it and give it that reheated flavor, it might work!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

We're the opposite, Curt. She has no problems with leftovers, but I usually do. I just lose interest or something.

I believe in you, though-- and I know you can avoid 'that reheated flavor'. I reheated a pork tenderloin the other night, but added fresh garlic, onion, carrots. It was good!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Lisa Raps said...

The ONLY way to eat salad is with blue cheese! (or gorgonzola i guess.)

11:25 AM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

I agree 100% Lisa. Actually, now that I think about it, who needs the salad anyway?? :P

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.