The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Right in Time

So, my birthday just passed on Saturday. I managed to keep it relatively quiet, but I did have a little "surprise" party at work on Friday with some awesome cupcakes from the Buttercup Bakeshop-- including red velvet, which I really like.

To celebrate, I had a day of much needed cheap eats walking in manhattan w/ the wife. It couldn't have come at a better time, which is what made me think of the Lucinda Williams song that gave the title for this post (which is in songs to que by). Awesome stuff, both the song and the day with the wife.

I'd had grand visions and I met the challenge, I guess. To some degree I think I did. I'll admit that I didn't pace myself as well as I could have, and pooped out sooner than I wanted, but within a span of about 2 hours on 23rd st in manhattan, I consumed: pork and chive and chocolate soup dumplings from Rickshaw Dumpling Bar (great chocolate dumlings!!!), a slice of brick oven pizza from Brick Oven Pizza 33 (lovely crust), 2 hot dogs w/ mustard and fries from Chelsea Papaya (nice snap), a slurpee from 7-11 (blend of flavors), and then came home and ate 2 snickers ice cream bars, the braised chuck steak and roasted garlic mashed potatoes below and much, much more....click Read More to find out if I went to the emergency room...
I'm thinking like:

Fortunately, no, I didn't go the hospital, but I should have my head examined because I woke up Sunday and ate choped rib sandwiches for lunch, followed by a pint of cherry vanilla haagen dazs, and then had another snickers ice cream bar, and shortbread girl scout cookies, an order of hunan chicken and brown rice from Grand Sichuan that I didn't eat on Friday, and then brisket for dinner w/ the wife. Oh, and some steamed carrots. Hahahaha. Have to get my vegetables. Here are the rest of the pics, feel free to enlarge them by just clicking. La-di-da....

Where did I put it all?

chocolate soup dumplings!




Oh boy, brisket and chinese food!




6 Comments:

Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Happy Birthday Buddy.

Man, that food looks good. Even the brisket.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Thank you kindly. Man, you're quick. Did you ENLARGE the pictures....?

10:05 PM  
Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Why yes I did. What are you implying?

1:02 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

oh my god i'm such a lousy schmuck. i'm so far behind. happy belated birthday! aren't the cupcakes awesome?! i got them one year from someone at work too and i 've been a slave to them ever since:) mmmmmmm, it's been a while, might need to find a cupcake on my way home from work.
happy memorial day weekend.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Mona, not at all, mi amiga! Thanks for the nice words-- better late than never. Don't let RL get you down too much...I hope you got the cupcake yo uso richly deserve-- the lady baltimore cupcakes are yumma-numma! Happy Memorial Day!!

11:31 AM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

You were snacking in my 'hood! Sounds like you had a great feast.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.