The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

$1,000 Wedding

Update-- It turns out that the bastards that made a copy of my debit card charged more than $1,000 worth of shit at Walmart-- much more than what the bank told me on the phone. Charges are still coming through and my account is in the negative, where it will remain until a) I get paid, or b) the bank gets me the dispute form and credits my account. Grrrrreat. Please email me for the address where you can send your donations....hahaha...uh, seriously....

Meanwhile, for those getting their grills out for the 'season' (it lasts all year for me), here's a recipe for a Cajun Seasoning from a slightly less well known Paul Kirk book. This can be used on many different meats for grilling, bbq'ing, roasting, etc...You could even cut back the salt and add this to a brine for a pork loin or birdie...or just rub it on a steak or chops.

Cajun Seasoning (Yield approx. 3/4 cup)

1/2 cup paprika
2 Tbsp. granulated garlic
1.5 Tbsp. cayenne
2 tsp. dry mustard
2 tsp ground oregano
2 tsp. seasoned salt
1 tsp. ground thyme
1 tsp. fine ground black pepper
1 tsp. toasted ground cumin
1 tsp. white pepper
1/2 tsp. ground marjoram
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg

Combine ingredients in a sifter and sift into a bowl. Blend well and store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.

Source: Smoke It! by Paul Kirk, Courage Books, 2001

5 Comments:

Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

umm - call me dude. I may know some guys who know some guys who know some guys cousin who knows some guys sister who knows some guys who can break some legs.

Man - that really sucks. Should you close your account immediately? I'd hate to have to wait to get my paycheck as it's disbuted over these charges.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Thanks, dude. Talked to Chase and they are 100% convinced that someone made a copy of the card itself-- they stole the magentic info. Definitely didn't happen online or through them getting the account #, or so they say.

I'll take you up on your offer to have Knuckles and Legs lend their expertise, as long as I get to finish the job.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

wait, what happened?!!?! someone copied your debit card?!!? are you kidding me!?! i need to backtrack apparently to find out the story. golly that sucks i'm so sorry!

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding the Paul Kirk recipe, I use that cajun blend for fried chicken or fried fish; I mix the spices into white flour at a ratio of about 1 part spice to 5 parts flour (experiment with it) and use it for breading. Try it.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Oregano oil said...

Sorry to hear about the debit card. Why do people like those have to exist.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the recipe. I'm gonna try it.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.