The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Walking on Sunshine: Thanksgiving eating....and eating

Howdy, friends!

Here's a recap of some recent eating escapades. I would've posted something sooner, but my stomach had swollen so much I couldn't reach the keyboard.

Ok, maybe that was an exaggeration. First, a few sites from Thanksgiving (aka Backyardchef's favorite eating day!)--














And then....The next day's dim sum at Perfect Team Corporation! Simply amazing, fresh, hot and delicious. Nothing else to say...



And lastly, Brunch at the Union Smith Cafe...I have to say their service leaves alot to be desired.

Our waiter was friendly, but a little slow and disorganized. I saw other members of their staff walking around rolling eyes about patrons and loudly complaining about people they were serving. At one point, they brought a dessert out to my brother (surprisingly quickly) and then I saw two waiters arguing because it was meant for another table. No wonder it came out so fast! The food, while not earth shaking, was fairly well executed, but some of the portions were unbelievably small-- two potato pancakes in an order? These were not huge hockey pucks, either....oh, well...

Gnocchi two ways-- fresh tomato, roasted garlic and mozzarella sauce/basil w/ sun dried tomatoes (the highlight for me)

Lobster Roll-- the review from The Wife: "Not enough Lobster"






















I really wanted to like this place. Maybe we'll have to go back and give them another try...

Today's tune comes to us from the woefully under-recognized Gene Clark.

A founding member of the Byrds, who's sound is audible in this country two-stepper, Clark was never as widely lauded as Roger McGuinn or David Crosby, but White Light, which was bought for me by my brother years ago, is an awesome, Dylanesque collection of rootsy, Cosmic American Music (thanks to Gram Parsons for the style name).

Gene Clark: White Light



4 Comments:

Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

The food looks great. As always. It's good to see that the old man still has some talent.

But the dog - well I just wonder if he's shitting in the kitchen?

12:05 AM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

While I know it's ok to shit in the kitchen at your house, we make the dog crap outside.

The old man is an amazing cook. There's still so much I can learn from him

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey There Bro-in-law,

Food looks great. It is official, we must go to that dim sum joint when I am in your neck o' the woods. Soon, my friend, soon!

Peace,
TPDX

4:08 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

TPDX, that sounds great to me! I can't wait for your covert ops mission to NYC. We're really looking forward to it!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.