The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Colder than a.....

5 degrees when I woke up this morning. With the wind, something like -20 or so. I have always said I could 'cue in any kind of weather. I'm rethinking that theory. But it's been weeks since I've had the smoker fired up and my withdrawl symptons are kicking in-- I mix rubs to keep the edge sharp, try out new sauce combinations. I may have to fire up the stovetop smoker again, just to smell the wood burning.

Hey, we're more than bbq around here, ya know...Introducing the BLOT: Bacon, Lettuce, Onion and Tomato.

The Blot


Tried some bacon from Burger's Smokehouse last weekend and it was pretty darn good. It'd be great on a sandwich. I might prefer Nueske's, but not by a whole lot. I do love that applewood flavor.

The in-laws sliced up a pepper-crusted, smoked pork tenderloin from New Braunfels Smokehouse and served it with some sharp cheddar cheese and Carr's Crackers as hors doeuvres at cocktail hour. Yum.

Pork Loin from New Braunfels Smokehouse


I really need to cook some ribs....

3 Comments:

Blogger Granny Snark said...

Thanks for adding a link to my blog, and I have added yours to mine as well! Just going through your site makes my mouth water. Damn, I really want some bbq'd ribs right now in the worst way. [g] Very nice site, BTW.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good, now I'm hungry (and not dead)

9:10 AM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Thanks, pj....come on over!

SRV...that's the power of bbq. It'll revive you like a texas flood. Yup, bbq is my pride and joy. Keep on keepin' on....

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.