The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Vacation's All I Ever Wanted

Hi all--

Look for your pal, Backyard Chef, in this upcoming Sunday's New York Daily News. I was interviewed and photographed for a piece on grilling/bbq fanatics by the very cool Rachel Wharton. I know that my buddy Rob from Big Island Barbeque (NY State Grand Champions 2005 along w/ Dr. BBQ!!) is in the article as well, but that's about all I know on that score.

Just got back from a few days in Cape Cod with the in-laws. What a great time. The weather was perfect, and sunday night the bunch of us sat out under the stars eating some ribs and pulled pork that I brought, which we served with an amazing tomato salad put together by my brother-in-law Chef Tim. I get to cook with him about once a year if I'm lucky and it is a thrill and an honor.

Thanks for all the recent comments, especially with regard to my mother. She appreciates that you are all out there sending her your positive energy.

I should be cooking up a huge batch of 'que this weekend with Hiroshi out in the Hamptons, so I'll keep you posted.

Lastly, I've added the excellent Ole Smokey BBQ blog to the links section-- visit them, praise them and tell them the Hampton Smoker says hello.

My 6-year-old Niece, Hannah, making bubbles
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:45 AM  
Blogger The Bacon Show said...

NY Daily News! Will that interview and photo be available online? If not, I'm going to have to call the city of New York to send a copy to me out here in Montana.

Congratulations, Mr. Smoker ...

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, it was great to see your family this past weekend at BBQNYC. We missed you and Amy. Give our best to your mom and see you at the newsstand this Sunday.Rob

10:08 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

They had a blast, too, Rob. My dad was blown away by the Caja Chinas. Glad that BBQ-NYC has always been such a great event for NYC. You guys make alot of people happy-- good luck at the Royal (and wherever else you go).

--Matt

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.