The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Why Don't We Do It In the Road?

As it turns cold and blustery, many folks start working on refining their recipes or coming up with new ideas for next year's competition circuit or July 4th-type show off get-togethers. With all the cookbooks and magazines I've gone through (my wife will throttle me if I bring any more home), I sometimes think that I can't find any new bbq inspiration. Until now, that is. I found a website with plenty of sharp ideas that won't break the bank. Here's one that I thought you'd all enjoy. The link to the site is below. I'm not sure that this is actually barbecue, maybe more grilling, but with something so good, who cares about titles.

Barbecued Black Snake

Recipe by Phil Mosies

This is a meal I have actually eaten at a mad Bush Party, during the '80s. This is another recipe that requires minimal damage for good results. The one that we ate was accidentally stepped on a few times (they weren't protected at that time).

Firstly, after making sure the snake is dead, remove its head a few inches behind the eyes. Slit the snake's underbelly and remove the vein. Peel the skin off like a rubber glove, exposing beautiful white flesh. Cut the meat into 4 inch long portions and chuck it on the barbie, splashing with generous amounts of white wine while turning, and in between mouthfuls...a good cook should never dry out!

Snake flesh has the taste of chicken and the flaky texture of fish, and cooks as quickly as fish. 5/5 Yum!

Via More Road Kill Recipes

5 Comments:

Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Snake huh? I hear they taste a lot like squirrel. However you spell it.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

i-c-k-y

2:55 PM  
Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

It's raining today. You cooking?

Next time could you give me some advance warning so I know how to plan my weekend?

1:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If working class people have to eat snake....


....I can only conclude that its just one more failure of the Bush administration.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Hey, WhiteTrash, I told you I was cooking-- what did you think was gonna happen!?

Anonymous-- their policies have really had some remarkable consequences-- BrooklynQ is turning vegetarian. I think we all know why.....

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.