The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Lonesome Highway Blues

So, where were we? Yes, it has really been weeks since I've been able to get something put up here. Sorry about that.

A few weeks back I was in Colorado for my best friends' wedding and travelled to Red Rocks to play air guitar on stage with my wife, and took a minute to sit and look at the views.
Since coming back, the wife and I cooked a private party in New Jersey for about 40 people and are looking forward quite anxiously to picking up our new Meadow Creek bbq pit trailer in about 2 weeks. It's about 16 feet of pure cooking joy including a 7 foot smoker and a 4 foot grill all welded to the trailer. Yippeee! In the meantime, it's leftovers for me, like this brisket dinner I had the other night.



6 Comments:

Blogger s'kat said...

7 foot smoker? 4 foot grill?!

Holy barbecue, batman!

(Nice scenic photos.)

1:09 PM  
Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere. I missed ya.

But, ya gotta come back with that picture of an incredible brisket dinner. Damn you! Damn you all to hell! You go to hell and you die!

Welcome back

6:03 PM  
Blogger Terry (aka) Big Daddy said...

Hey backyard, in your last post you talked about being sick, I thought you might have died or something. Good to see you back.

Tell me about the rig. I'm thinking about getting a Lang Smoker. I heard good things about that company. Any thoughts?

B.D.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Thanks, s'kat! From the looks of your site, it seemss like you've been having lots of fun w/ that new fryer!

Gee, WTBBQ, with friends like you...When are you gonna cook some bbq and post some pics?

Terry, the cooker that we're getting is a reverse flow that is very much like the Lang 84 Deluxe w/ the Char-grill. The lang was what I was planning to get, but Meadow Creek is much closer to us, so I can pick it up and be seasoning on the same day. Our pit will have stainless steel pull out shelves and work surfaces, a live smoke option in the vertical and a few other mods-- like brakes on the trailer and an extinguisher mount.

Meadow Creek is a smaller outfit than Lang, which supposedly adds up to a little more attention to detail. We'll see-- I love the Langs that I've seen up close.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back! So that new rig is mobile eh? Means it could easily be pulled 'cross country, no? I'll put some pylons out in the parking space in front of the house just in case you get a travelin' jones.

Peace,
TPDX

9:38 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Oh yea, baby, we have ignition. We were out (again! AY!!) looking for a truck today-- in the drizzly rain. I think we eyeballed a winner.

Keep that stack of northwestern cherry wood ready....

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.