The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Disco Inferno

The combination of this summer cold that I have, and the lack of air conditioning in the room with the computer mean this will be a quick post. Yay!

Hiroshi and I went to Long Island on Friday night, fired up the pit by 10:30 at night and had the briskets hitting the heat by midnight. The pork butts went on an hour later, followed by the ribs a few hours after that, and then the chicken. Somewhere in there we cooked some kielbasa, too. We were pulling the pork off the smoker at around 3 the next afternoon. We pulled the pork and packed it into sandwich bags, sliced the briskets and were back on the Long Island Railroad heading into NYC by 6pm on Saturday. Got home and crashed. Here's the tasties...click for smell-o-vision.











7 Comments:

Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Looks good man. But tell me why do you slice the brisket before storing it?

12:06 AM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Thanks, brudda. A few reasons for slicing the briskets for storage-- enabling smaller serving sizes for future meals, so I don't have to heat a whole brisket for just me (or me and the wife) and portability are foremost. Then again, I always have a couple of full, cooked briskets socked away for when I need/want one. In reality, I think I could sit down and eat a flat all by myself.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Terry (aka) Big Daddy said...

Hey Backyard, that is some fine looking grub. Hope you feel better.
B.D.

10:47 PM  
Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Hampton Smoker - come out to play ay.
Hampton Smoker - come out to play ay.

Where you been? What you been doing?
Are you making friends and influencing people? I know I sure am.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Leroy boy, is that you? I thought your post hanging days were through..

I believe my popularity is at an all time high.

See you tomorrow night, I believe...

11:37 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

pork butts? wow, that's a first for me :)
how are you doing? i hope you've gotten over your cold. funny everyone i know has gotten the case of a summer cold but me. knock on wood!
smell-o-vision. mmmm!!
when are we gonna meet up?
i say we get a ny crew together some time this fall.
if i had a real YARD (not the fake one i went to downtown) i'd throw it myself;)

4:27 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Thanks, everyone for the notes. I'm almost feeling 100% again.

Mona-- where you been!? I hope you don't get this icky bug that's been going 'round.

A meet-up sounds like a good idea. I told WhiteTrashBBQ that we were having it his place. We'll see about that. A fiesta is much needed.....

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.