The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Friday, January 09, 2009

And Your Bird Can Sing: Tater tales and unemployment

I know my posts have been infrequent, but there should be more activity coming soon. To be brief, I am no longer working at the restaurant. I'm puzzling over my next move and still cooking barbecue and catering and in love with wood-fire cookery as much, if not more than ever. I am doing more baking than ever and have my post on bagels coming up....A big thanks to everyone that has been so supportive!

These are leftover mashed potatoes with melted butter on the bottom and top. We fried the pancake on the stovetop and then put it under the broiler to brown the top. Delicious and a great way to use up mashed taters, which don't reheat so well.


TUNE O' THE DAY: LUCINDA WILLIAMS, PLAN TO MARRY
FROM LITTLE HONEY, LOST HIGHWAY, 2008

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Southern Hospitality is looking for a new pitmaster. You'd be great for it!!! From what I understand Justin Timberlake is looking to expand into a new space in Chelsea and you would certainly make good competition for R.U.B., Hill County, & Hog Heaven in that neighborhood. (Not to mention Dr. BBQ at the original S.H.).

Wouldn't it be nice to make your own bones in NYC without having to live under Lou's Eloise's rather "big" shadow? From what I've read about your talents I really think you can strike out on your own in the restaurant world and devastate the competition.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Hi, Smokin A'! I appreciate your comments very much. Can you please drop me a note at backyardchef@gmail.com ? I'd appreciate that muchly!

Anyone would be lucky to work with Big Lou...

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.