The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Curses, Foiled Again

Here's the first brisket for which I ever used foil as part of the cooking process. I will definitely experiment more with this in the future. I stirred a little passion over at http://www.bbq-brethren.com using the term 'crutch' to discuss foil, but no harm done.


In other news, I tagged WhiteTrashbbq, the BBQ Junkie, Rookery, Ole Smokey, and The Bacon Show. We'll see what they come up with.

I'm very proud to announce that I just wrote my first post on BBQBlog.com. My column will be profiles of the BBQForum members and I've already received one suggestion of someone to profile and I'm looking forward to getting that going (please keep the suggestions for other BBQForum members coming!). I'm adding links to BBQBlog.com as well as the BBQForum Podcasts-- two invaluable resources, so check them out. The podcasts feature some of the better known members of the bbq community including Paul Kirk, Danny Gaulden, Dave Klose and others. Highly informative and fun.

I whipped up my first batch of homemade sausage today-- sort of a fresh Kielbasa-type. Ground pork, herbs de provence, some seasoned salt, minced garlic, accent and black pepper. I'm making patties since I don't have a stuffer. I'm feeling like I need to buy some more ground pork already, as 1lb just doesn't seem enough-- this is goood stuff!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mona said...

Wow, as always your pix dazzle the meatloving tastebuds in me. Now that'd be a hilarious 23/5 meme thing wouldn't it...d'oh!
But seriously, everything looks scrumptious. Had some good italian sausage at good ol' yanks stadium last night. Too bad they couldn't pull it off...

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.