The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Help Me Get My Feet Back On The Ground

Just a note to encourage you all to contribute something to the disaster relief in the gulf, whether it's a canned good, an old jacket, or a bottle of water. At this point, anything will help someone.

I'd like to suggest two worthy charities, but there's an excellent list at CNN's web site.

Second Harvest is a direct way to get food and water to people that need it. And the ASPCA is scrambling to help all of the animals that were left without their families to care for them.

If neither of these appeal to you, please take a moment to review the list on CNN.Com.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mona said...

My boss (one of our anchors) just sent an email to my staff telling us he had a ticket and a company approved "vacation" for whoever wanted to go down and volunteer for a week down in Miss or NoLA. I told him I wanted to desperately, so I'll keep you posted what happens. Crazy!

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's excellent, Mona. Very courageous. An engineer friend of mine has some experience in this kind of work, and she, too, may be heading down there. Boy, I don't know if I have what it takes to be in the middle of all of that, but I'm thinking very seriously about pitching in with Habitat for Humanity who will be building houses all over the country and bringing them in modules to the area and re-assembling them. I just feel like I want to do something tangible to help, ya know? Please keep me posted...and good luck.

--Matt

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.