The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

He's Having A Baby

I just got off the phone with the friendly folks at BBQ Pits by Klose and they told me that my due date is only 2.5 weeks away. I'm as antsy as the most nervous dad you've ever seen pacing the waiting room floor. I have to get some cigars!

It'll take a little while in shipping, but I'm ready to burst. I hope you all can make it over to eat once I get it burned in and packed up with vittles.

I ordered a modified version of the Backyard Chef Model. It has a 48-inch-wide cooking chamber, a half-inch thick firebox (to help hold in the heat and conserve fuel in the colder months), a gas-assist (to let me cook over charcoal, wood, and/or gas-- and to allow me to get some sleep on overnight cooks), and a few other options.

No Corinthian Leather, but aint she a beauty?

Look at all that leg room

6 Comments:

Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Gas?

You heathen!!!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Damn! I knew I should've left that part out.

So this is what it feels like when people lose their minimal respect for you...huh?

sigh....

12:36 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Thanks, Steve. You're welcome to drop by and eat with us any time. I usually cook "too much" food, anyway.

I'm not sure about that guy from WhiteTrashBBQ, though. I'm not sure he'd eat something that might've come in contact with gas...Not that I'd be using that, anyway.

2 weeks seems like such a long time, man.

9:11 PM  
Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

I haven't lost respect for you... yet.
Just keep that gas where it belongs and we'll do just fine.

Boy am I jealous!

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gas, sh-mas...who cares! It looks new and spiffy, and I'd love to have one just like it.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

I'd like to have it too, Joe. There's been more problems in shipping and because of the hurricanes than you could believe. It's already been re-built once, and I'm afraid it might have to be again-- when they came to deliver it, they dropped it face down several times before dragging it along the driveway. I'm in mourning right now. I can't continue....

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.