The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Barbeque Abuse


Click the picture for a bigger view of the scratches and horribly twisted handle, and/or click the link below to see a slideshow of pictures documenting the injuries to my smoker that were inflicted during its botched delivery. My baby is on the way back to Houston for medical attention. Hopefully it will all turn out to be superficial stuff that can be quickly touched up. We'll see.

  • My Poor BYC
  • 4 Comments:

    Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

    Man - that sucks. But thankfully it doesn't look like that much damage. A couple of hours with a welder should put it back together nicely. I just hope Klose throws back some money for the inconvience.

    12:15 AM  
    Blogger Backyard Chef said...

    They are being nice enough to cover the charges for shipping it back and re-shipping it to me. That's not something to sneeze at, I guess. I'm just glad my brother was the one to see it all go down, not me. If I had been there, I'm sure I would've busted a few blood vessels screaming at anyone around me-- perhaps a seizure/stroke or heartattack. I'm glad it was him so I could live to tell the tale-- he's alot more calm than I am....

    11:50 AM  
    Blogger Mona said...

    That is the worst! I hate when that happens ...not that I can relate to getting a injured smoker but getting crappy furniture from stores and having to send 'em back. SO annoying when you're all pumped to get presents and they come all botched up. Sorry BC :(

    4:37 PM  
    Blogger Backyard Chef said...

    You have no idea, Steve. My brother was replaying the events for me last night-- explaining what had happened. Halfway through, as I visualized it all, I had to stop him. I was getting to clear a picture-- and my blood pressure was spiking. Not good. I asked him what the delivery guys looked like when it happened-- "like they wanted to crawl under a rock and hide," he said. That helps a little bit, I guess.

    12:28 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
    A service of
    netRelief, Inc.

    This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
    A linked list of BBQ websites

    Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

    Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

    If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
    please notify the Ringmaster


    [ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

    This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
    owned by Backyard Chef.

    [ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

    More blogs about bbq.
    More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.