The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Smoke on the Water

We're heading out to East Hampton for Amy's birthday this weekend, and Wubby will be breathing fire for the first time in way too long. We're cooking up a couple of big ol' briskets, some ribs, some chicken and who knows what else-- my cat always goes into hiding when I get in a bbq frenzy.

We're renting a car, grabbing a few friends and a coupla coolers for vittles and brews. I can't wait to see the sweet blue smoke rising from the chimney, the smell of hickory and oak filling the cool, quiet air as the breeze slides along the bay and brushes the trees. Wanna come?


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha, Ha! Love the variety of links on this post.

Yes, of course I want to come for my Sister's Birthday, and BBQ smokin' fun! Wish I could afford the trip.

So are you packin' your bags for Savannah yet?

Have a great time on the island. Blow a little smoke in my direction.

Peace, Timo

12:22 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

You got it, brother. We're actually setting plans in motion for a 'que-care package to arrive in the near future. We just lined up our dry ice connection! Maybe I can hang the box near the smokestack and you can get the smell.

Meet you in Savannah. Deal?

12:27 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Oh my god I soooooooo want to come. But I'm such a brat, I just had my 3 day weekend (called out "sick" on Monday). Can't have 2 weekends in a row :)
Happy Bday to your wife, I love driving out to Long Island. Looking forward to spending some weekends at my uncles in Sag Harbor.

2:24 PM  
Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freeeaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkin jealous that you're cooking this weekend. I'll be absorbed in 20 something breasts and cheap beer.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Interesting comment, my friend. When I first read it I thought, "gee, that's alot of breasts." Now I get it. Boo-hoo. Drink one for me.

And don't forget that Grillin' on the Bay, NYC's first bbq contest is coming on March 25th!!

3:24 PM  
Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

take that as you may.

La Di Da. - A song by Ringo Starr. Betcha didn't know that.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.