The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Heaven

New look, new thrill, huh? Everything's all flippity-flopped around and stuff. I've thought about using a different background for a little while, and, ta-da! It looks kind of nice with the juicy burnt end above, but everything looks good with a burnt end, I s'pose. I'd like to thank Mona for lending a hand in the valiant effort to make things work with the old template. Your a real fighter, Mona.

Brisket is probably my favorite barbeque 'thing' to eat. This weekend we're cooking two flats, two racks of ribs, some sausage and a couple of chickens. I'm psyched. It's been weeks (or is it month(s)?) since I've had a chance to play with fire, and poppa needs a few hours on the shrink's couch.

Hiroshi and I will probably be on the 8am train with or meats. Don't get dirty on me, y'all. We'll be at the house by noon or so, which means the meat will hit the grates by 2. That gives us time to preheat the pit, pull the membranes off the ribs--which was explained wonderfully at WhiteTrashBBQ--slather and season the ribs, season the chickens and drink a couple of beers.

Oh, I can't wait.

3 Comments:

Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

Damn boy. Looks real good. I expect some of that brisket to find its way to Brooklyn on your way home.

Let the games begin!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!
You figured it out!!!!!!!!
"You are the champion..my freh-end!! You'll keep on fighting, till the end!"
Way to go!
I'm excited and relieved it worked out for you :)
I think you should 'cue somethin up with a Chinese twist for the Chinese New Year and tell us about it.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Thank you, thank you. I truly am a talented lil' devil, aint I? (note faux swelled head). It was such a pain in the a$$.

Rob-- we cooked way too much food, so if you want me to bring any this week for the meeting(s), let me know. Great weather these past few days, except for getting stuck in the rain with an exposed Wubby yesterday. Blah.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.