The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Manic Monday

I like the Bangles, ok? What're you gonna do about it?

Besides, it's true. We've been super duper busy. That's more busy than regular super busy. Monday I was in Jersey City by 9 for an all-day-kind-of meeting, but was able to get home a little early and surprise Amy, who surprised me instead by having some nice boneless pork chops waiting for me. We both reached for the hoisin sauce at the same time, and we knew the plan.

They got a little splash of rub, including ground ginger, garlic powder, powedered chicken stock, five-spice, tellicherry pepper, a little lemon pepper and maybe something else (sorry-- I have to take notes). I mixed the hoisin with a bit of honey and made a glaze out of that. There might have been other stuff in that, too.

Here are the chops being grilled on the cast iron:

And after the glaze:

3 Comments:

Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

You just made me hungry - 12:30 in the morning and you just made me hungry! Damn you!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Man, you're such a nightowl. 12:30 on a school night...It looks like you've been keeping busy and eating well, too. The new reviews are great. There're two damn Daisy Mays carts within 10 minutes of my office. It's hard to resist the urge to have that every day. Do you like the pork, chili or both?

Sh*t, I just made myself hungry!

7:21 PM  
Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

You don't have kids do you? 12:30 in the morning is about the only time you get some down time to surf the net in peace.

I've never seen let alone eaten at a Daisy May's cart. What type of pork are they selling? I've had the chili and according to New York magazine, it's the best in the city. I don't know about that, cause I don't usually order chili in restaurants so I don't have a large base to compare it too, but it is the best I've ever had in the city. I like to add sour creme, cheese and onions to it, so I kill the authenticity of it. At the restaurant, I've seen people combine the chili with his beans and burnt ends. I've got to try that.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.