The Hampton Smoker

What's up wtih what's going down? Does a tree falling on the ocean with no one around make a sound? Barbecue, BBQ, Bar-b-que. It's all in how you sell it.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Don't Slander Me

I know, I know. It's not 'que. We were supposed to cook over New Year's weekend, but my wife got sick and wound up eating chicken soup and watching the Monk marathon. Somewhere along the way, we made a pizza. Our pizza stone cracked in half, so I just slide the 2 pieces back together like a puzzle. The pizza doesn't seem to notice.

Today, my family's coming over to celebrate my dad's birthday, which was yesterday. I'll post some pics later. We're having brisket and chicken, cole slaw, brussel sprouts and some other stuff. It's tough because my dad's a diabetic to know how to cook for him-- I bought some diabetic cookbooks, but I gave them to him. I've been dying to make some bacon-wrapped chicken, so I'm making that for the fam. I'm excited. I'm trying to decide how I want to marinate the chicken, but time is getting tight so I'll have to let my gut, err, stomach...instincts lead the way.

4 Comments:

Blogger WhiteTrashBBQ said...

I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she's feeling better. And wish your Dad a happy birthday from WhiteTrash/BrooklynQ.

I don't know if I told you about my daughter being diabetic. It's real easy to cook for a diabetic person, just be sure to balance your fats and proteins with sugars.

For example, whole milk ice cream is better for a diabetic than the low fat version because the fat actually regulates how the sugar from the ice cream is released into the blood.

Just stay away from the quick an pure sugars and you'll do fine with Dad. Any questions, fire away. I'm no expert, but I'll answer what I can.

And by the way. I Q'd today. La Di Da!

11:42 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Hope it was a good healthy diabetic-friendly feast!

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...pizza. I made a Boboli chicken pizza the other day. Mmmm...

8:45 PM  
Blogger Backyard Chef said...

Thanks for the tips, Robert. As you may have noticed, healthy cooking is not my forte' :-)

Mona...it was until he had a bunch of wine and chocolate mousse cake. My mom was slapping his hand all night.

That Boboli pizza sounds good, Mista. Any pictures/recipe?

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Your Gateway to Barbecue Information
A service of
netRelief, Inc.

This site is a member of The Smoke Ring
A linked list of BBQ websites

Next - Skip Next - Next 5 - Prev - Skip Prev - Random Site

Join the ring or browse a complete list of The Smoke Ring members

If you discover problems with any of The Smoke Ring sites,
please notify the Ringmaster


[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Backyard Chef.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

More blogs about bbq.
More blogs about The Hampton Smoker.